Archive - Nov 11, 2005 - Forum topic

Date
Type

Bill's picture

Kilt socks

I'm knitting kilt socks for my son...the first sock was a reject because it was too tight at the top when I tried it on...so I started over and added two more cables and it's fine.....

I've adapted a basic sock pattern... and it took a while to determine how many extra stitches were needed to accomodate the cables.
...now I can do variations in the cable designs and have fun!
 
I'm using a double strand of yarn on #5 needles ...and will switch to single strand and smaller needles for the foot... just as soon as I finish turning the heel...(I hope)