Finished the 1st pair.
Not a stellar success, one turned out lopsided and I grabbed the wrong needles to knit up its brother... and did not notice till I was doing the final bind off.
Fortunately, these little mistakes are hidden in the final product. I just let one felt longer than the other and it's all the same. Or at least close enough for me.
Well I felted my first pair of clogs last night.
There were a few tense moments in the process but overall I think they came out alright.
Given that I had a made a few mistakes in knitting the first clog I decided to felt them individually. That way I could shape the one I had knitted correctly to the size I wanted and then work on getting the second one to conform to size.
Clog one felted just fine but about half way through, when I pulled the piece out to check on its progress, I noticed that the heel stitches had come loose. There was a small hole on the back bumper between the two soles. I added a few extra stitches using a large and very sharp needle and then continued the felting process. The piece came out great but it had a much furrier exterior than I expected.
Please forgive me for just posting about the knitted river all the time, it's because it's (almost) the biggest thing in my life at the moment.
We have posters available if any one would like one for display in the lys or church hall or anywhere(!). It would be great to have a poster next to every water cooler is the western world.
the poster is also available as pdf but I'd love to send them through the post. If you are interested email your deatils and the amount and I'll get right to it.